| || || |
Who says romance is dead? These loving gestures will keep the flame burning every day — not just on your anniversary and Valentine's Day. (Promise you'll indulge on other days too!)
For Her: We suggest opting for the surprise gift certificate for an afternoon of pampering at a local day spa. Throw in a couple of other treatments, like a manicure and pedicure, to make her swoon over your thoughtfulness even more. For Him: Guys are easy — they'll readily skip the day spa for a sensual, full-body massage from their significant other any day of the week. All you need to set the scene are candles, massage oil, and some sexy lingerie.
For Her: Suck it up and throw her favorite tear-jerking romance on your Netflix queue. Turn the lights down low, make a batch of popcorn (extra butter!), and she'll snuggle up next to you on the couch. You may not even have to watch the whole movie... For Him: A superhero movie or the latest action flick may not be your first choice at the multiplex (nor does it seem very romantic), but chances are going to see one would make your guy very happy, especially with a large box of Junior Mints along with your popcorn.
A Mini Vacation
For Her: Sweep her off her feet with a surprise weekend at a bed-and-breakfast in your local wine district or a short trip to someplace warm. For Him: Why should he and his bros get to have all the fun weekends away together? Grab your guy and head to Vegas, baby!
A "Just Because I Love You" Gift
For Her: It's a time-honored and tried-and-true favorite: Send flowers to her at work. She'll have some desk decoration to brighten up her day and make her think of you whenever she looks at them. For Him: Present him with tickets to his favorite team's next game or the latest video game he's been eagerly awaiting. You'll have a very happy guy on your hands.
A Fancy Meal
For Her: Make reservations at that restaurant the two of you have been talking about trying for ages. Get dressed up for dinner and linger over dessert, giving each other sexy looks across the table. For Him: Cook up an elaborate breakfast with his favorite treats, like French toast, fresh-squeezed OJ, and eggs. Then, serve them while he's still in bed. He'll feel like a king!
Show her your romantic side! Surprise her today and treat her with one of these fun and romantic gestures.
- Buy her a massage at a day spa.
- Rent a romantic mushy movie that you know she will love. Make some popcorn and snuggle on the couch.
- Go away on a mini-break: a weekend skiing; visit NYC; visit family; a trip to the country or the beach.
- Write her a love letter and send it with flowers.
- Make her a bubble bath while you cook a romantic dinner.
- Create a music mix of your favorite songs.
- Take her on a picnic. Have her favorite food and desserts.
- Take her out for a night on the town. There are always fabulous plays or musicals going on. Go out for dinner before or after the show. You can always ride in style with a limo and make her feel like a star.
- Treat her to a hot air balloon ride with champagne and flowers.
- Out of the blue, give her a small gift - she'll love almost anything - to let her know you are thinking about her.
Cover her eyes and lead her to a lovely surprise.
- Without her having to ask you...Hang her new mini-blinds, fix that faucet she's been complaining about, trim her hedges! We're serious! Even these not-so-romantic, handyman type gestures will let her know you care.
Whisk her away somewhere exciting for the weekend.
Write a song or a poem about her.
Tell her she is the most wonderful woman that you have ever met.
Run her a relaxing bath after she has had a bad day at work.
Send her a romantic text or email, or leave a loving note around the house.
Wake her up with breakfast in bed.
Offer her a coat when she is cold.
Send her a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates at work.
Make her a compilation of her favourite music.
Illustration from Clyde Mendes column at MetroSexual LA