Here are some essential ideas and suggestions to build teenagers self confidence.First and foremost, just be yourself. If you follow these steps you will become a happier and wealthier teenager. You will have real friends who will always be there for you when you need them. You will have more teenagers self confidence than other teenagers have.
People will get to know the real you, some may like you and some may dislike you, but you will always know that the ones who like you genuinely like you for who you are and they will always be loyal to you. You as the teenager with a lot of self confidence will attract more people want to be your friend.
Teenagers clothing. Stop wearing the same thing as everyone else, and wear clothes which are comfortable and make you feel good. Step up from the ordinary teenagers' crowd and start to build more teenagers self confidence by wearing the right clothing at the right occasions.
Try not to follow others people idea or trends. Try to identify the friends around you. Mix up and communicate with those people who are more expert in your field. Exchange ideas with them and receive the valuable ideas and suggestions from them. During the process, the teenagers self confidence in you will be greatly increase.
Entertainment also can be a great tool to build teenagers self confidence. Listening to inspirational music or watching a movie that you enjoy the most. When you feeling down or something just not going well on that particular day, spend your valuable time listening to music, unwind and recharge yourself to face the reality world again.
Give your opinion confidently. If there is an argument don't just side with the most popular person. Say what you actually believe. People will respect you more. Bring out your guts to present your ideas to the crowd. Make eye contact with the people you are talking to. Let them feels your unlimited teenagers self confidence in you.
Do not tolerate yourself with the questions or problems that you faced. If you are in class don't be afraid to answer a question because you are afraid of looking like an idiot. That is not other easy ways of learning unless we learn from our mistakes since we are teenagers and make asking question as part of our habits.
Body posture plays an important role to build teenagers self confidence. Don't look at the ground when you're walking. Walk faster and confidently no matter where you go. Live up your true teenagers potentials!
In short out teenagers have a lot to deal with. They have to withstand peer pressure, deal with adult expectations and rejections. It's natural that sometimes they are confused and discontented. This causes low self-esteem and a lack of self-confidence, which in turn causes depression, unhappiness, and insecurity among teenagers.
Help him feel confident, even while emphasising the importance of good manners and healthy values.
Symptoms of a troubled teen:
- Performing badly in school, lack of concentration, and forgetfulness
- Remaining aloof, keeping away from friends and activities
- Feeling sad and hopeless
- Prone to quick bouts of anger and rage, or reacting strongly to criticism
- Being indecisive, restless, and agitated
- Changes in eating and sleeping patterns
- Substance abuse
- Having problems with authority
Take charge before the symptoms become too severe.
What to tell your teenager :
- Face your fears. Once you face them, you will feel that they aren't as bad as you thought they were. Facing your fears will increase your confidence.
- Forget past failures. Don't assume that just because you failed before, things will go wrong again. Look on your failures as stepping stones.
- Reward yourself when you have achieved something. Self-help is always the best help. Learn to rely on yourself.
- Talk to others. Don't come to hasty conclusions about a situation or a person. If you have any doubts or questions, clarify. Don't assume things.
- Don't let failure defeat you. Accept it. Try something else. Everyone fails at some point in life.
As Parents :
- Help your child to make new friends.
- Motivate your child to participate in sports.
- Encourage him to acquire new hobbies.
- Encourage him to keep a private journal. It will help him deal with his fears.
- Encourage him to do volunteer work. Help him get a realistic view of the world.
Provide him with strong family support.
- If he comes to you with his problems, help him make the best of what he has.
- Remember to mention his positive points and encourage every small accomplishment.
- It is all right to exert a little pressure or promise of rewards to induce your child to perform. But, too much pressure can lead to rebelliousness or fear of failure.
- It is better to accept your teenager for what he is. Be realistic in your expectations. Never focus on his weaknesses.
- Finally, help him to get up on his feet again when or if he fails.
Show unconditional love towards your child. Let him feel cared for and wanted. Keep working at it continuously. All you need is a different approach
How To Say It To Girls: Communicating with Your Growing Daughter
Price: $6.61 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
You Save: $10.34 (61%)