| || |
| || || | A girl likes getting attention and a bit of cosseting goes a long way in strengthening a relationship. What most men do is that, they wait for an occasion to get the woman a grandiose gift. But what we don't realize is that women also value simple, small romantic gifts. Why do you need an event, to gift the one you love, one simple rose and few thoughtful words? Gifting on a random day also adds an element of surprise. And if handmade, the girl will still love it however scrappy or artless it is. She'll cherish all that you will ever give her.
But that does not mean that guys can get away by being thoughtless or clichéd. Sure you can give her a bunch of flowers and chocolates on her birthday, but if you can use a bit of creativity to delight her, then why not?
Romantic Ideas for Her: Gifts
Romantic Ideas for Her: Events
- Most girls love personalized gifts. So what you do with your own hands is so much more valuable. Ask her which songs she loves and write them down in a song book. You can go all the way by singing those songs yourself and burning it on a CD.
- Another thing you could make on your own in very little time, is something like 94 reasons why I love you? Hey, everyone writes 100 reasons, so why not pick a number which is a little different? If you can't think of a huge number, let it be a little silly. It's alright.
- On your first wedding anniversary, or at the end of the first calender year, on new year's eve, you could gift her a diary. A diary has all the dates in a year and you could write down all the times you went out on a date, some special conversations, events, etc. And if there are few blank spaces, you can fill them with something like, "Gosh I missed you a lot today".
- Learn a musical instrument for her. Guitar is the best, because it goes with all kinds of music and you can sing along with it.
- On her birthday, you can buy her small, day-to-day gifts, number of gifts depending upon her age. Gifts could be very simple. Say, you like her hair, you could buy her a bunch of scrunchies, or clips. You like her eyes - an eyeliner or an eye-shadow and so on. But remember the fine line between sweet and kinky. There are chances that the girl might not like a kinky gift, so it is best that you stay safe.
- Gift her a collage of her pictures or your pictures together. You could also write a sweet caption under each one. Girls love to know what guys think about them. So you could write the caption of what went through your mind when that particular picture was being taken.
- Write her a love letter! What most guys might not think of, while writing love letters is that, you could create a theme. For example, you can write it thinking that you are writing an official letter or a small boy writing his first love letter.
- You could also make gift coupons for her. For example, "You can redeem this coupon for a chocolate pastry", or something like a pick a card option on board games like monopoly. For example, "Make three wishes coupon".
So, here were some romantic ideas for her. Sure I may have skipped some, like candlelight dinner, walk on the beach and chocolates and flowers. But you can think up those on your own!
- You could wake up before her, and serve breakfast in bed. You could designate "you" days each month where you agree to do everything she wants.
- Why go out, when you could cook her a dinner on her birthday? In case you're not a big kitchen person, you could get away by cooking instant noodles, and then taking her out.
- Go for hotel hopping. This makes a date exciting and dynamic. Have the drinks and entrée in one restaurant, the meal in another, and the dessert in yet another. At the end of it, if you're married, you could playfully ask her, "You wanna come over for some coffee?"
- You can give her a massage yourself. She'll obviously relish your touch over a stranger's.
Illustration from Clyde Mendes column at MetroSexual LA
| || |