| || |
| || || | Flirting is a way to let somebody know that you are interested in them. It is a skill that is relatively easy to master in the virtual world, however it is important to be sure you are not sending the wrong messages. Also, it is not a good idea to flirt with someone you have no interest in. This isn’t fair to the other person.
Many people find that flirting online is easier to do because they are able to hide behind their computer and don't feel so exposed. Flirting online has the advantage that it gives you more time to think over your responses before you send them, so you can be sure you are coming across in the right way too. So how do we learn to flirt online and also come across in the manner for which we intended to?
The following five tips will get you started:
- It is always good to keep a playful sense of mystery about yourself. This keeps your potential date intrigued and wanting to know more. Try not to be too mysterious though, or they will give up trying.
- Inject a little humor into your online conversations. This includes online banter where you may tease the other person about some aspect of what they have said. Be sure to use smiley and other emotions to show that what you are saying is a light-hearted nature. Just be careful where you draw the line because some people are not as humorous as others.
- Whilst this isn't flirting as such, be sure to take in everything they say to you during your online conversations, and take note of certain things that they had an interest in or find important and bring these into your conversations. This will show them that you really are listening to what they have to say and also that you are interested in what they are saying. By making someone feel that they are important, you are sending a message that you are interested in them.
- Without coming across too strong, make use of the online dating sites’ communication tools. This could include sending a wink, blowing a kiss or sending them a special greeting.
- Have fun! If you're not having fun during a conversation online, then it will show. Flirting is a playful way to communicate with somebody you find interesting, and if you're not enjoying it then neither will the recipient of your messages!
Flirting is how men and women express an interest in each other, and if the person you are communicating with flirts in return, you can almost guarantee they feel the same way about you!
Learning how to flirt online is really about letting go of your inhibitions and enjoying some playful banter with someone you may be attracted to. It is usually harmless, but of course the most important thing is to ensure that what you are saying is not being taken in the wrong way. Happy flirting!
| || |