| || |
| || || | Individuality is how one expresses him or herself. Once you learn how to be yourself, let others know!
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken!"
- Show what you love and what you are good at, this will make you shine and not be any other person. "You can be whatever you want to be but don't change yourself for society"
- "Mirror, mirror on the wall, you are great JUST as you are"
- Be true to yourself - the loreto way.
- Know exactly who you are. Figure out your likes and dislikes, and what's unique about you.
- Make a list of the things you like. You can make this fun, and no one has to see it but you. Be completely honest with yourself.
- Mold your life around what you like. It's alright if you like to make other people happy, it's good to be able to bend a little for other people. However, don't wear something to make someone else like you. Don't do the 'cool' things if you don't like them.
- Decorate your room the way you want it to be. If you want certain colors on your walls, buy some paint and get started! Whether you want to hang paintings or posters, or if you want to put flowers or a collection of yours on your shelves, make sure your room reflects you as a person.
- If something unique catches your eye, and you like it, buy it! This could be a pair of earrings, an unusual handbag or just an item of clothing that you think shows your personality well, be willing to WEAR it! ~`~
- Make your clothes as individual as you. Make a boring t shirt into something of your own by applying beads, sequins, badges, fabric paint, buttons, chains, ribbon, sewing detail, eyelets, iron on images and much more!
- If you don't like current fashions, make your own! Put together pieces of clothing that you wouldn't normally consider as a combination. Layer your clothes and accessories, and if it looks good, wear it!
- Don't be afraid to put your personal touches into an outfit. You could be wearing a fashionable dress, but it would be individual if you added the necklace that was passed down from your grandmother, an special pair of shoes or a pair of earrings that mean something to you.
- Wear clothes that you like. Don't feel pressured to wear something just because its fashionable. If you like a certain style of clothing or certain colors, wear them with pride. Ignore what everyone says, because as long as you like them, it does not matter what they think.
- Be happy with yourself and what you like and your personality is what makes you an individual; no one is alike ; you are the only you there is!
- Make your phone individual! You can buy stick on gems, rhinestones or just stickers, or you could buy a cool phone charm, phone case or phone holder. If you can, put songs that you like on your phone and have them as your ringtone. Or if your phone has the feature, make your own ringtones! You could have a picture of you and your family or friends, or a pet, as your wallpaper. You could also do this on your computer.
- Customize things to make them your own. Put stickers on your school books (if you are allowed), decorate your bedroom with fairy lights or charms, or brighten up a boring bedroom wall with a notice board filled with pictures of all the people and things that are special to you.
- Listen to the type of music that you like, and not whats popular. If you like a certain type of music, such as rock, listen to it and don't be afraid to tell people that you listen to it.
- Say what you feel and be honest. If you lie, you aren't showing your true feelings and letting people know how you truly feel. Tell people your dreams, your likes, dislikes, no matter how weird it feels.
- Check yourself in the mirror before going out. This may seem vain, but if what you see doesn't make you smile, then it's not worth it. If you find yourself adjusting your clothing constantly, it's obviously not something you're comfy in. Doesn't matter what it is, it needs to make you feel good when you see yourself!
- Make changes gradually, don't change everything in your life at once.
- Be yourself—not anyone else.
- Prioritize, figure out what is more important to you
- Try to be as individual as you can, if someone copy's your individuality, just tell them to read this article. (and maybe they'll get the hint)
Think about making a change, will it affect your relationship with someone else? What is more important to you... friendships could be lost.
Changing too much at once can cause an overload of stress...relax.